We've been welcoming visitors to the spectacular Abel Tasman granite coast since 1841. Travel in style on our Vista Cruise. There's no need to go ashore to discover idyllic, golden sand bays, fringed by lush native forest and sculptured headlands. Pause beside offshore islands to view the antics of fur seals. Relax with comfortable seating on board or choose a beach stop with walking and guided sea kayaking options.Description
Let us show you the best of Abel Tasman National Park with Vista Cruise departures every day, year-round, from Kaiteriteri at 9.20 am, cruising all the way to Totaranui, calling in at idyllic bays and islands, then returning at 4.15 pm. During our summer months (1 October to 30 April) there are three Vista Cruise departures from Kaiteriteri to Totaranui and return:
• Depart 9.20 am, return 12.55 pm
• Depart 10.30 am, return 2.40 pm
• Depart 1.00 pm, return 4.15 pm.During this time you can experience the length of the spectacular Tasman Bay coast in a morning or afternoon, or take a full day.
From open or enclosed viewing decks, you have the opportunity to take photographs of our famous Split Apple Rock. Cruise into Tonga Island Marine Reserve and pause to see what the resident seal colony is up to. Skim past golden beaches and forested hillsides, and get close to picturesque bays as walkers and kayakers are transferred to the beach.
Relax on board with comfortable seating around tables on upper and lower decks. Bring a picnic, order one of our delicious picnic lunches, or choose from our seasonal menu of tasty light meals, plus hot and cold drinks at the onboard licensed cafe.
If you would like to join the action, book a beach stop with walking or guided sea kayaking to spend some time ashore in this breath-taking National Park.
Your scenic cruises features:
• Front loading ramp for easy, safe, comfortable beach transfers
• Your skipper provides interpretative commentary to introduce you to a landscape full of stories
• Maps and interpretative notes in six different languages
• You can choose, sun and fresh air on the top deck, or relax on the sheltered lower deck We can book coach transfers for you from Nelson or Motueka (extra cost).Highlights
: Nelson, New ZealandDuration
: 3 to 6 hours Voucher Redembtion
: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.