Edinburgh is one of the world's most beautiful cities - we all know about Edinburgh Castle - but the real gems in the city are hidden and only accessible on foot, so step off the Royal Mile into the elegant peace of the beautiful New Town....Description
Edinburgh is one of the world's most beautiful cities - we all know about Edinburgh Castle, but the real gems in the city are hidden and only accessible on foot and that's why we designed our New Town Hidden Gems Tour. For visitors to the city, this is an opportunity to get away from the hustle and bustle of the busy Royal Mile to wander through the quiet Georgian New Town along some of the most beautiful streets in the world. Our guide will bring the city to life for you, telling you what goes on behind closed doors and the fascinating stories of people who have called Edinburgh home through the centuries and we'll try to include some surprises along the way too.
Our 2.5 hr New Town Hidden Gems tour takes you off the beaten track to discover some of Edinburgh’s best secret locations. In stark contrast to Edinburgh’s medieval Old Town, New Town is both elegant and grand with wide streets, greens spaces and delightful cobbled lanes. It's also a UNESCO World Heritage site.We’ll begin our tour at a garden that was formerly private and the place where the construction of New Town began. You'll hear a connection between The Beatles and Edinburgh, we'll meander along cobbled lanes and elegant crescents and through one of Edinburgh's most loved neighbourhoods. We'll walk along a river where you'll struggle to think you're in the middle of a capital city and finish our tour in an incredibly picturesque village with an industrial past.
We can't wait to share the Edinburgh love and know so well with you.
- Immerse yourself in Edinburgh's rich history with our local guide as part of a very small group of 6 or less
- Discover the fascinating link between the Beatles and Edinburgh's New Town
- Visit an incredible hidden gem located inside an Edinburgh bank
- Stroll along one of Edinburgh's most loved and photogenic cobbled lanes
- Explore an idyllic secret village only a short walk away from Edinburgh’s city centre
- Family friendly – babies in pushchairs or carriers and children aged 10 and over are welcome but please note that we'll be walking a fair distance.
By the Melville Monument in the middle of St Andrew Square.
Please arrive 5 minutes before the tour starts. We won’t be able to wait for latecomers.Highlights
: Edinburgh, United KingdomDuration
: 3 hours Voucher Redembtion
: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.