Spend the day on the emerald waters of the Gulf of Thailand on this full-day tour to Angthong Marine Park from Koh Samui. Start with a speedboat ride, and enjoy the rest of the day snorkeling among colorful coral reefs and kayaking in the idyllic environment of the park. Visit the islands of Phaluai, Wua Ta Lap, Mae Ko, Sam Sao, Hin Dap, Nai Phut, and Phai Luak, exploring their natural caves, crystal-clear lagoons, and rock formations. Lunch is included.Description
After pickup at your hotel, your day tour begins with the 45-minute speedboat ride from the Maenam pier on Koh Samui to Angthong Marine National Park, where you'll arrive in the mid-morning.
Translating to 'golden bowl,' Angthong occupies nearly 95 square miles (250 square km) and includes 19 square miles (50 square km) of fascinating karst topography and limestone islands that rise from the sea. Known for its natural beauty and untouched conditions, the marine park is home to 42 islands, all of which are uninhabited and undeveloped except for one—Koh Paluay—which is inhabited by so-called 'sea-gypsies' who still earn a living from fishing. The island looks like Koh Samui did 40 years ago, prior to the arrival of tourism and modern infrastructure.
During the day, you'll island-hop through the archipelago, visiting the park's principal islands (including Phaluai, Wua Ta Lap, Mae Ko, Sam Sao, Hin Dap, Nai Phut, and Phai Luak), where you can check out rock formations, lagoons, and caves. At midday, enjoy a Thai lunch at a local restaurant on the island of Woa Ta Lab, and spend the afternoon sunbathing, swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, or simply relaxing on the endless white-sand beaches of the islands.
Your tour ends with return to Koh Samui at approximately 4:30pm.
• 07:45 - 08:15: Hotel pickup on Koh Samui
• 09:00 - 09:20: Depart from Na Phra Lan Pier to Koh Phangan
• 09:20 - 09:25: Quick stopover on Koh Phangan for pickup other customers
• 09:25 - 09:50: Cruise further to Angthong Marine Park
• 09:50 - 10:50: Open water snorkeling at the first island in Angthong Marine Park
• 10:50 - 11:00: Continue to Wua Ta Lap Island
• 11:00 - 12:00: Sightseeing & swimming at the beach of Koh Wua Ta Lap
• 12:00 - 13:00: Lunch at a local restaurant near the park ranger station
• 13:00 - 13:45: Kayaking through the emerald waters surrounding the islands
• 13:45 - 15:00: Hike to the view point of Koh Mae Ko
• 15:00 - 15:25: Depart from Angthong National Marine Park to Koh Phangan
• 15:25 - 15:30: Quick stopover on Koh Phangan to drop-off other customers
• 15:30 - 16:30: Cruise to Koh Samui & transfer to hotel* The tour program is subject to change due to weather & sea conditionsHighlights
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Snorkel gear included
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
: Koh Samui, ThailandDuration
: 8 hours Voucher Redembtion
: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.