The iconic Arizona Memorial was built in honor of those who lost their lives aboard the USS Arizona during the attack on Pearl Harbor that fateful day, December 7, 1941. The memorial is the most visited destination at the Pearl Harbor World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument. Before embarking on a US Navy operated boat to the memorial you will get the chance to watch real footage of the attack and gain a deeper understanding of the events leading up the attack which symbolize the start of WWII for America. Designed in a unique way to honor those who have fallen, the Arizona Memorial is built over the sunken battleship which remains as the final resting place for 1,177 crewmen. During this somber visit you will witness the “black tears” of the USS Arizona as oil slowly leaks to the surface of the ocean. Pay respects to those who have fallen in the shrine room where you can see the names of all those who have fallen during the attack.
Often overlooked and underappreciated are many top attractions located in downtown Honolulu and the surrounding area. We continue our tour to downtown locations like Iolani Palace, which is the only palace on American soil along with other historical landmarks like the coral built Kawaiahao Church. Cruise through the Punchbowl National Cemetery where your professional tour guide can explain the historical significance and history of the crater.
World renowned, award winning Chef Chai lends his unique style and quality to Imi Tours. Chef Chai Chaowasaree (“Chef Chai”), is recognized as one of Hawaii’s top Hawaii Regional Cuisine chefs. Known for fusing fresh Hawaii ingredients with the exotic flavors of Asia, Chef Chai has created a culinary style that reflects the cultural diversity of Oahu and the Hawaiian Islands. With outdoor seating at Chef Chai’s restaurant, you will be impressed with the Chef’s selection for lunch. Utilizing locally sourced, fresh ingredients you will experience the best of Hawaii’s cuisine.
Chef Chai also has a delicious vegetarian option available with 24 hour advance notice of your tour date.Highlights:
What to bring:
- Waikiki and Kahala Resort Pickup and Drop Off
- View the dramatic film about the Bombing of Pearl Harbor
- Visit the USS Arizona memorial Road to the War and Attack Museum
- Observe the “Black Tears” of the USS Arizona Memorial
- Take a trip through Honolulu City and take in the sights
- Immerse yourself in the History of Punchbowl National Cemetery of the Pacific
- Take a selfie with famous King Kamehameha Statue
- See the only palace on US soil, the beautiful ‘Iolani Palace
- Take in the sights of Kawaiaha‘o Church, Mission Homes’ Museum and Honolulu Hale
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- Hat and Sunglasses
- Bring a water bottle
: Oahu, United States of AmericaDuration
: 4 hours Voucher Redembtion
: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.