This course of just three hours, is designed to allow the gourmet, the passionate, the curious and the tourist to know a fundamental part of the taste, the tradition, the passion and the Italian way of life.The course begins with a quick overview of the differences between the various coffee in the world, including some famous as the Kopi Luwak, the Jamaica Blue Mountain and the world of the Coffee Specialties. The course continues with a visit of the roasting company and the assessment of different blends and single origin. Then you start to work as Barista: the rules of the espresso, the cappuccino and the latte art, with the possibility to prepare your own cappuccinos with the heart.Description
The Discovery Coffee and Barista Course is held into a roasting plant, into an Italian roasting company that starts its activity in 1952. The company is easy to reach by tram or taxi from the main train station of Santa Maria Novella.
If you don't want to drink to much caffeine, decaff coffee not processed with chemical substances is always available. The school of the roasting company held many professional courses of barista, latte art, roasting, coffee tasting and brewing. The staff is composed of SCAE (Specialty Coffee Association of Europe) trainers.
The program of the course is the following:
- Why coffee is an Italian matter? An history of steam, strong baristas and clients in hurry
- Botany and plantations: arabica, robusta, different varietals and process
- Blending and roasting. Visiting the roasting company and the laboratories
- Perfect espresso technique: grinding and tamping
- Coffee tasting: from the sweet taste of Mexican arabicas to the body of the Indonesian and the spicy taste of the Ethiopian Sidamo
- The latte macchiato, espresso macchiato, caffè latte and other Italian preparations
- A perfect foam with no bubbles and the Italian cappuccino
- The Latte art: a glance about how to make heart, leaves, dragoons and lions in your cappuccino
- Practice: prepare your own espressos and cappuccinos
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
: Florence, ItalyDuration
: 3 hours Voucher Redembtion
: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.