Private and personalised Christmas experience with a Local Host. Amsterdam’s festive season (which begins in November with the arrival of Sinterklaas) is the most magical time of the year. The city is draped in twinkling lights, the canals are lit up with the incredible light sculptures of the Amsterdam Light Festival and there’s ice-rinks and mulled wine galore. With a Local Host, explore the most beautiful Christmas sights in the city, wander along the canals to see colourful art installations of the annual light festival reflecting on the water, browse Christmas markets for festive treats or unique gifts and of course, warm up with a mulled wine or hot chocolate.Description
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Get into the Christmas spirit as you explore Amsterdam with a Local Host, strolling through the charming narrow streets and along the canals as they twinkle with festive lights.
Follow the unique route of the Amsterdam Light Festival to see the stunning art installations made of colourful lights that are draped over the canals, lighting up the water with beautiful colours.
Browse a Christmas market, indulging in some local foodie treats, warming up with a mulled wine or hot chocolate and maybe buying some unique Christmas gifts to take home.
Visit one of the city’s well loved ice-rinks - skating over the festive season is a local tradition, so watch the locals or take to the ice yourself and enjoy Amsterdam’s classic Christmas scene.
Get tips and tricks from your Local Host about other Christmas things to do in the city, and let them recommend places to eat where you can try traditional festive cuisine.
HOW IT WORKS
* Join a Local Host to discover Amsterdam’s best loved Christmas sights and to admire the festive lights
* Stroll along the canals to see the spectacular light installations of the Amsterdam Light Festival
* Warm up with a mulled wine or hot chocolate, and enjoy festive treats like poffertjes
* Browse a Christmas market to get in the festive spirit and maybe buy some gifts
* See where the most beautiful ice-rinks are, and maybe have a skate yourself!
* Get tips and tricks from your Local Host about other Christmas things to do in the city Highlights
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Get inside tips from a local
- Family friendly
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
: Amsterdam, NetherlandsDuration
: 3 hours Voucher Redembtion
: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.