Enjoy a 5-hour walking tour of Hong Kong with a western (expatriate) tour guide. Your tour will customized around your interests and can include Victoria Peak, riding the Star Ferry, Aberdeen, Stanley, The Peninsula Hotel, Mong Kok, Central, Wan Chai and more. Your guide will be an expert on Hong Kong and as well as visiting key areas of interest you can choose to learn about Hong Kong's history, culture, religion, politics and food. During your walking tour you will travel around on foot and using Hong Kong's world class public transportation system. You will use a combination of trams (trolleys), boats, taxis and the MTR (subway). By the end of your tour you will feel like a local Hong Konger!Description
Some people come to Hong Kong with a very clear idea of what they would like to see and do. Others are overwhelmed with the number of options they have read about leaving them with ‘no idea’ as to what they would like to include in their tour. And then there are those that would simply prefer to leave everything in the hands of their guide. This tour is 100% flexible and you can work with your private guide for all types of requirements and preferences.
Upon booking you will provide some basic questions about your preferences. Then, your guide will plan your tour based on your requirements and interests. You can also discuss with your guide when you meet up, and any changes to the plan can be made whenever you like, even during the tour.
Some popular sites that you may like to include in your tour:
- Victoria Peak - admiring the view and learning about the notable buildings and the development of the city.
- Sheung Wan - learning about Chinese Medicine and medicinal foods.
- Central - exploring the banking and financial district and learning about Feng Shui in architecture and business.
- Soho - riding the worlds longest escalator system and seeing the most westernised side of Hong Kong.
- Tsim Sha Tsui - discover some of Hong Kong's oldest and most notable buildings including The Peninsular Hotel and Hullet House, the former marine police headquarters.
- Mong Kok - Explore the colourful Flower Market, Bird Market, Goldfish Market and Ladies Market.
- Sham Shui Po - visit the least affluent area of Hong Kong and learn about the day to day life of the average Hong Konger.
- Aberdeen - take a short cruise through Aberdeen Harbour and visit the famous floating restaurant JUMBO.
- Stanley - take a stroll along the promenade, shop at the famous Stanley Markets and learn about Stanley's history as a base for pirates.
Some discussion topics that you may be interested in:
- History - learn about the British colonisation of Hong Kong, the Opium Wars and Hong Kong's return to China.
- Culture and religion - visit one or more of Hong Kong's beautiful temples to learn about the religions of Taoism and Buddhism. Understand the importance of offerings and fortune telling.
- Politics - discuss the agreements under which Hong Kong was returned to China in 1997 the current political environment.
- Food - eat your way through Hong Kong tasting the Cantonese favourites of Dim Sum, Wonton Noodles, BBQ Pork, Fish Balls, Egg Puffs and more.
- Instant Confirmation
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
: Hong Kong SAR, Hong KongDuration
: 5 hours Voucher Redembtion
: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.