Sample a traditional German dish, all washed down with a beer (or two) from the World’s oldest still-existing brewery. Explore the labyrinthine courtyards of Berlin’s Jewish district and sample locally sourced, locally produced mustards, honeys, booze, and sauces, and maybe grab a couple of jars or bottles to take home! Dive into the capital’s modern Turkish and Arabic traditions, and learn how a Turkish restaurateur accidentally created one of Germany’s most popular dishes, just because he wanted his customers to leave his restaurant!
Of course, no trip to the Hauptstadt would be complete without currywurst, savour the Berliners’ favourite dish and hear the competing, controversial tales of its creation. Description
After a welcome drink from Germany’s oldest still-existing brewery, enjoy samples of the most famous traditional German dishes (Currywurst!) and discover what else Berlin's multi-cultural food scene has to offer. See what years of post-war immigration have brought to the capital and hear how the so-called Turkish ‘guest workers’ invented Germany’s most beloved street food in Berlin. After that, it’s off to one of Berlin´s most beautiful neighborhoods: "Prenzlberg", as the locals call it. Explore with our guide how this former working-class neighborhood has become so trendy and how Berliners deal with the gentrification process in general. In an intimate atmosphere of 15 participants at most, you’ll also have plenty of time to ask your guide any and all questions about Berlin. You’ll finish the tour in a typical German “Beer garden” close to one of Berlin’s most interesting parks, the Mauerpark.
- A Welcome Drink from the world's oldest still existing brewery
- Try the world famous Berliner Currywurst
- Treat yourself to some Turkish delicacies that found their way into German everyday life
- Get to taste samples of various traditional German dishes
- Peek into a traditional German Bakery and pick your favorite pastry
- Finish with a digestif in a typical German beer gardenHighlights
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
: Berlin, GermanyDuration
: 4 hours Voucher Redembtion
: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.