Sample a traditional German dish, all washed down with a beer (or two) from the World’s oldest still-existing brewery. Explore the labyrinthine courtyards of Berlin’s Jewish district and sample locally sourced, locally produced mustards, honeys, booze, and sauces, and maybe grab a couple of jars or bottles to take home! Dive into the capital’s modern Turkish and Arabic traditions, and learn how a Turkish restaurateur accidentally created one of Germany’s most popular dishes, just because he wanted his customers to leave his restaurant! Of course, no trip to the Hauptstadt would be complete without currywurst, savour the Berliners’ favourite dish and hear the competing, controversial tales of its creation.Description
After a welcome drink from Germany’s oldest still-existing brewery, a sample of traditional southern German food will help contrast later with Berlin's world famous dish: Currywurst! Discover then the courtyards of the Hackesche Höfe, where local shops are revitlizing this once run-down part of town. Enjoy a personal introduction by the owner of one local shop where you try some goods and maybe get a gift to enjoy at home! Afterwards see what years of post-war immigration have brought to the capital by exploring Turkish and Arab delicacies.
Currywurst and its stories there in will follow as well as dessert in one of Berlin's oldest bakeries or in Berlin's most sucessful ice cream shop. While making your way back to the original meeting point our guide will give you lists of local shops, treats, and more history of the neighborhood that you can then take advantage of at the end of the tour. Every guide has different tastes, so you will always be sure to get a new tip or a hidden delight!
- A Welcome Drink from the world's oldest still existing brewery and traditional German dish
- The world famous Berliner Currywurst
- Turkish and Arab delicacies that found their way into German everyday life
- Peek into a traditional German Bakery or Berlin's most sucessful ice cream shop
- A tour of a local shop producing regional goods
- Introduction to one of Berlin's most historic and exiting neighborhoods: the Spandauer Vorstadt
- A goodbye gift from our guide!Highlights
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
: Berlin, GermanyDuration
: 180 to 210 minutes Voucher Redembtion
: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.