We have hand-picked our favourite central Berlin historical sites with a foodie experience to bring you our exclusive Berlin Highlights Tour.As a tourist or newbie in Berlin, although touristic, the main sites are very important to a cities culture - and this no where this is more relevant than Berlin, which has had experienced the most dramatic events the world have ever seen! However the main sights such as Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag can be easily read about online or at the sites. And well Checkpoint Charlie is simply a well-marketed border point which is has little depth and interest in the history of the Berlin Wall (named only after being the entry of Gate C i.e. Charlie). We take you inside real highlights of Berlin.Description
We take you inside real highlights of Berlin such as:
• A part of the Berlin Wall which was had an immense impact during the 20 year period
• Important Jewish influences and Jewish history in central Berlin
• Alhambra-influenced Synagogue
• Ghost station of Nordbahnhof
• Magnificent 1920s Ballhouse
• Former Nazi buildings
• The last remaining Squat-house in Mitte
Looking to get acquainted with central Berlin's historical sights while still enjoying a local foodie experience?
This package includes a local foodie walk with delicious tastings along the way. Several local bites and a tasty beverage accompany your path to seeing the highlights of Berlin, so you do not miss out on anything! You will receive in-depth stories from our local experienced historians, as well as still receiving the Fork & Walk trademark food experience, as we dip into the foods that are quintessential to Berlin's past and present. We taste:
• Berlin's world famous street food 'Currywurst'
• Dive into the oldest bakery in Berlin to taste handmade specialties
• Sip on a locally brewed 3rd wave beer
• Discover Berlin's cultural culinary influences
• Taste local cheese & meats with regional wine
No other tour takes you on such a tasty journey while learning about Berlin's history.
While the historical sights are a major part of Berlin's story, our English speaking tour guide will also provide insight into Berlin's food scene and the influence of food culture on it's history. As we hear about the beginnings of the Currywurst and a local patisserie owner that had stood the test of time to still produce exceptional hand-rolled dough. You will also receive insider tips and where to eat and drink with the rest of your time in Berlin.
This is the best of the best!Highlights
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- All-inclusive tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
: Berlin, GermanyDuration
: 4 hours 30 minutes Voucher Redembtion
: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.