Alyeska Tram a Self-Guided Tour
Get out of the city of Anchorage and take the shuttle to Girdwood/Alyeska a small quaint alpine ski village. This self-guided Alyeska Tram ride is truly idea for the independent traveler who enjoys breathtaking views. Your shuttle will take you directly to Girdwood where you can take the Free Glacier Valley Transit to the Alyeska Hotel and ride the Tram to the top of Mt. Alyeska and enjoy stunning hiking trails and views that will take your breath away and make your heart palpitate.Description
This self-guided Alyeska Tram Tour allows you freedom to break away from tour groups and explore on your own and return when you want.
On the way down to the Ayeska Tram you will be traveling down Alaska’s most scenic highway known as Turnagain Arm. You will make a stop at Beluga Point, Turnagain Gallery and then on to the Girdwood/Alyeska. You may want to take some of the scenic walks or 5 star restaurants found around this small quaint alpine village. When you are ready to continue on simply board the hourly shuttle from the Portage Glacier Lodge back to Anchorage. The return journey back to Anchorage is simple just hop on any shuttle back to Anchorage. It’s that easy.
Board your Turnagain Arm Shuttle on the hour that you choose and return when you want.
- Beluga Point: Popular photo stop with panoramic views of Turnagain Arm. Possible opportunities to see Dall sheep and Beluga whales.
- Turnagain Art Gallery: Owned and operated by professional, competitive wood carvers, the gallery is full of stunning sculptures, jewelry, paintings and photographic prints.
- Girdwood: This beautiful valley is home to the Alyeska Resort where you can take the Aerial Tram up Mt. Alyeska for incredible views of mountain, ocean, and glacier. You can also hike up Mt. Alyeska and take the Tram ride down, or enjoy the Winner's Creek Trail through pristine temperate rain forest. Some other activities include helicopter glacier landings and guided glacier hikes.
- Round-trip shuttle service between Anchorage and Girdwood where you will connect with the Free local bus called Glacier Valley Transit to the Alyeska Tram.
- Enjoy the flexibility and the many sights and scenic adventures offered along Turnagain Arm an area known as one of the most beautiful areas in the world.
- Departure and return-trip times, with shuttles leaving and returning every hour pre-booked on outbound. (please check the schedule) Seats are first-come, first-serve on return.
What is so great about this tour is when your done with your adventure you have the choice of going on to another. Your Turnagain Shuttle Pass is an all-day pass.
How great is that?Highlights
: Anchorage, United States of AmericaDuration
: 4 to 8 hrs Voucher Redembtion
: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.