Discover the alternative scene in London on a 2.5-hour tour that takes you not to a museum or a shiny establishment, but out into the gritty streets. Explore the vibrant East End where street art represents the voice of the people and where the city's rebellious streak was born and still lives. With your guide, walk the streets that turn art into context, giving you an insight into what was happening in the world when it was created. Description
Join this walking tour to explore where street art represents the voice of the people, where gentrification battles the anti-establishment and where London’s rebellious streak was born and still lives.This is the Real East End!
While other tours here just scratch the surface by skipping over the street art, your guide will put the street art into context, giving you an insight into what was happening in the world when it was created. Yet while the street art is the most visible aspect of this area, to really understand the East End you have to go further.
This 2.5 hour walking tour covers:
- Old Spitalfields and Petticoat Lane markets
- The Shoreditch art scene
- Brick Lane
- The immigrant generations
- Cockney culture
- Gangsters and the criminal underworld
- Radical thinkers and social reformers
- The foundry that produced Big Ben and the Liberty Bell
- The battle of Cable Street
...and much more!Highlights
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
: London, United KingdomDuration
: 2 hours 30 minutes Voucher Redembtion
: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.